Your child’s oral health begins early. Pediatric dental care and prevention ensures successful dental development in the long term, particularly when it comes to the positioning or repositioning of teeth. Orthodontists set the foundation for proper jaw and teeth alignment, so as children grow their smiles grow healthy with them.
Why See an Orthodontist?
An orthodontist specializes in perfecting smiles and focuses on development and structure of your child’s mouth, jaw and face. An orthodontic specialist will use dental appliances such as braces, retainers or corrective trays for straightening and modification. Many parents consider an orthodontic evaluation for their children between the ages of six and twelve.
The benefits of bringing your child to the orthodontist include:
- Fixing bite problems
- Correcting habits such as thumb sucking or tongue thrusting
- Controlling the growth of the jaw for incoming teeth
- Lowering the risk of damage to protruding teeth
- Enhancing the overall functioning of teeth
- Preventing the need for future dental correction
- Improving your child’s oral health
- Increasing self-esteem and confidence with an improved appearance
Are you searching for an affordable orthodontist for your child? With EDP Dental Plan, members receive a 25% reduction of orthodontic treatment costs. Simply enroll online to start saving or call 1.877. 327. 8376.